Wow - I just took a trip down memory lane.
I cannot believe that four years have gone by and I have not written a blog post. A few things that jump into my thoughts at the moment are:
1. regret
2. time flies
3. so much has happened (good and bad) in four years
4. I want you back; if you will allow me
Reading through the posts have been a whirlwind of emotions. The number one thought I immediately had was REGRET. Yes, it's true. I regret that I did not keep up with blogging. It saddens me that so much has happened and while I shared a lot of it on social media (Facebook, Instagram and snapchat) that none of it was documented here.
Time has gone so quickly and stood still a few times, too! As a kid, I don't remember my mom or dad telling me that life was hard. It is. Life IS hard. Don't get me wrong...there are good times, moments of infectious laughter, milestones to celebrate and tons of experiences that are worth enjoying. But when I look back at the last four years, I am also reminded of the not so joyful times.
My last post was a big piece of my story and one I would like to share with you. The collaboration that seemed to be such a perfect fit did not work out. In the end I was fired from that position and ultimately ended my nonprofit, ReAwaken, that I started back in 2009. What happened? Well, it is a l-o-n-g story and the short version is this...
Simply put there was a personality disagreement with the founder of the nonprofit and me. During a board meeting the founder of the nonprofit verbally attacked me and nobody stood up around the board room. None of the women that were there to empower other women stood up for what happened. I sat there. I took the hatred that was spewed at me. I kept my composure in front of my staff and remained professional.
It's all ok - everything happens for a reason, right? RIGHT! That was the nudge that I needed all along that reminded me that J-O-B-S are not for me. What IS for me is the entrepreneur life.
Let me take you back even further. In 2009, I was laid off of the first time (yes, I have experienced reorganization's, layoffs and terminations before). During the recession, I was asked to lay off my team and six months later, I was laid off. It was rough. I curled up into the fetal position for a while not knowing what I was going to do. One day it clicked. One of my MBA professors told our class "now that you have your MBA's, you are never unemployed; you merely become self-employed."
The fetal position was comfortable but starting my own company was exciting. In 2009, when I started my company, I did not realize the potential it had at the time. The Rayvan Group formed in 2009 and for the longest time it was ME, MYSELF and I. Today, I am proud to say that we are a team of six women that work with nonprofits nationwide.
Soooooo much has happened and as I listed in #4 above, I'd like to have you back. I would like to share with you what has happened in my life, update you on my son and the big year that is ahead of me.
What do you say... let's do this!!!
I cannot believe that four years have gone by and I have not written a blog post. A few things that jump into my thoughts at the moment are:
1. regret
2. time flies
3. so much has happened (good and bad) in four years
4. I want you back; if you will allow me
Reading through the posts have been a whirlwind of emotions. The number one thought I immediately had was REGRET. Yes, it's true. I regret that I did not keep up with blogging. It saddens me that so much has happened and while I shared a lot of it on social media (Facebook, Instagram and snapchat) that none of it was documented here.
Time has gone so quickly and stood still a few times, too! As a kid, I don't remember my mom or dad telling me that life was hard. It is. Life IS hard. Don't get me wrong...there are good times, moments of infectious laughter, milestones to celebrate and tons of experiences that are worth enjoying. But when I look back at the last four years, I am also reminded of the not so joyful times.
My last post was a big piece of my story and one I would like to share with you. The collaboration that seemed to be such a perfect fit did not work out. In the end I was fired from that position and ultimately ended my nonprofit, ReAwaken, that I started back in 2009. What happened? Well, it is a l-o-n-g story and the short version is this...
Simply put there was a personality disagreement with the founder of the nonprofit and me. During a board meeting the founder of the nonprofit verbally attacked me and nobody stood up around the board room. None of the women that were there to empower other women stood up for what happened. I sat there. I took the hatred that was spewed at me. I kept my composure in front of my staff and remained professional.
It's all ok - everything happens for a reason, right? RIGHT! That was the nudge that I needed all along that reminded me that J-O-B-S are not for me. What IS for me is the entrepreneur life.
Let me take you back even further. In 2009, I was laid off of the first time (yes, I have experienced reorganization's, layoffs and terminations before). During the recession, I was asked to lay off my team and six months later, I was laid off. It was rough. I curled up into the fetal position for a while not knowing what I was going to do. One day it clicked. One of my MBA professors told our class "now that you have your MBA's, you are never unemployed; you merely become self-employed."
The fetal position was comfortable but starting my own company was exciting. In 2009, when I started my company, I did not realize the potential it had at the time. The Rayvan Group formed in 2009 and for the longest time it was ME, MYSELF and I. Today, I am proud to say that we are a team of six women that work with nonprofits nationwide.
Soooooo much has happened and as I listed in #4 above, I'd like to have you back. I would like to share with you what has happened in my life, update you on my son and the big year that is ahead of me.
What do you say... let's do this!!!

Comments
Post a Comment