Skip to main content

Which will you choose? Victim vs Victor

As my journey continues, I want to ask you about your interests. Often times, I have women (and men) mention how motivated I am. People mention my positive attitude and how they love the way I tackle challenges.

Many of you are participating in the I AM group I created on Facebook. Originally, it was designed to help me heal. I declared this year, 2014, as my year of healing. This is my year of working through my past challenges and healing the pain from previous experiences.

This group has over 140 members and each day we post a positive affirmation. This is more than a daily post. It is a movement. It is a chance to choose your direction for the day.

I firmly believe that we can all choose how our day progresses. We can choose to stay curled up in the fetal position or we can choose to stand confidently and choose happiness.

Many times, people get stuck as the victim. If there is anything that pisses me off more than anything, it is the victim mentality. I have no patience for these people. It is a mindset and one that I have zero tolerance for. In fact, I will unfollow you on social media or even delete the connection.

These people are energy vampires and will only bring you down. However, the people that choose to be resilient are the people I want to spend time and valuable energy with. These are the people going places. These are the people attracting good in their life.

In my last entry, and even in this one, I refer to having you participate with me on a mission. This mission will be fun. It will be full of adventure.

Before I tell you, I want to ask you....what have you done new today?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Just Hair! Day 1

To kickoff the 30 Days and 30 New Ways , I decided to GO BIG or GO HOME! This challenge is designed to evoke inspiration and motivation. Try something new every chance you can. It can be as big as a new haircut or as small as changing up your coffee order. I am still hoarding ideas  and looking for any of you to join me on this journey. Remember, magic happens outside your comfort zone. Ok; enough waiting.  Courtney at Rolf's salon gave me this new do! Here are the inspiration photos that I showed to her and then I said, "go for it!" #30days30newways #ReAwaken

Change is the Only Constant

Three years in the making and WOW, what a great success. ReAwaken has brought women together, helped women regain their confidence and self-esteem and provided women with valuable resources and knowledge nuggets on many helpful topics.  Since day one, we have always said that " we believe in abundance and frown on competition ." We have also said that professional, educated women are not underprivileged but under-served.   Today, we are excited to share with you the new phase of our business growth that will allow us to operate with the financial strength of an existing nonprofit while staying true to our mission.  Fresh Start Women's Foundation  has expressed great interest in our programming and ReAwaken's president and founder, Jarrett Ransom has accepted a Development Director position at Fresh Start. This is a new and exciting collaboration; Jarrett is still working on finalizing how this will all unfold exactly.  And you will be the first to k...

Defeat. Weakness. Tears. Loneliness.

I struggle constantly with what to do about Tanner’s dad, Kirt. Every day I struggle because I do not currently know how to be without him. Deep down, I know he is not this mythical “ONE” that every one speaks of. Deep down I know that there is someone better out there for me. However, there are days (long days) when I question if the ONE exists for me. There is more to this struggle. There are patterns that need to be broken. Confidence needs to be found. Self-love needs to be unveiled. If any of you reading this has any suggestions, especially from first-hand experience, I would love to hear from you. *Regardless of Kirt's role in Tanner's life, I need to move beyond him and unmesh my emotions from his actions.