Skip to main content

Angels Among Us


There is a large group of women who mean the world to me. They live here in Phoenix and are a big part of why Tanner and I moved back.

This group has taught me a lot about myself and unconditional love. Through many conversations and countless hours of “chick chatter” I have learned a few lifelong lessons. In particular, I want to share one with you about “Asshole Angels.” These are individuals that are a pain in the rumpus to deal with, be with, etc. However, through their rage and unhappiness they, in fact, teach you lessons. Therefore, they are “Angels” in their own way.

instead of saying F___ You! Look at them and think, “THANK YOU!”

Throughout the last 3 years of my life, I have encountered said angel. Through these encounters this angel has helped me to create a list of the person I want to be with.

Additionally, a dear friend of mine (who also happens to be a licensed counselor...but CANNOT counsel me because of client rights, blah blah blah...) suggested I come up with a list.
Specifically, I was told...Put together a list of 15 "things" your ideal partner has that you require! If the person has 14 of the 15 you walk away because these are NON-NEGOTIABLE!

Without any more suspense...here are my 15!
  1. positive person
  2. looks at me and Tanner lovingly
  3. loyal
  4. honest
  5. dependable
  6. enjoys their career
  7. have goals in life
  8. respect my goals in life
  9. Open minded
  10. tolerant/accepting of people and different lifestyles
  11. respects me, children and overall all individuals
  12. random acts of kindness at random times
  13. values family and family time
  14. willing to make family traditions
  15. lifts me up when I am down

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Just Hair! Day 1

To kickoff the 30 Days and 30 New Ways , I decided to GO BIG or GO HOME! This challenge is designed to evoke inspiration and motivation. Try something new every chance you can. It can be as big as a new haircut or as small as changing up your coffee order. I am still hoarding ideas  and looking for any of you to join me on this journey. Remember, magic happens outside your comfort zone. Ok; enough waiting.  Courtney at Rolf's salon gave me this new do! Here are the inspiration photos that I showed to her and then I said, "go for it!" #30days30newways #ReAwaken

Change is the Only Constant

Three years in the making and WOW, what a great success. ReAwaken has brought women together, helped women regain their confidence and self-esteem and provided women with valuable resources and knowledge nuggets on many helpful topics.  Since day one, we have always said that " we believe in abundance and frown on competition ." We have also said that professional, educated women are not underprivileged but under-served.   Today, we are excited to share with you the new phase of our business growth that will allow us to operate with the financial strength of an existing nonprofit while staying true to our mission.  Fresh Start Women's Foundation  has expressed great interest in our programming and ReAwaken's president and founder, Jarrett Ransom has accepted a Development Director position at Fresh Start. This is a new and exciting collaboration; Jarrett is still working on finalizing how this will all unfold exactly.  And you will be the first to k...

Defeat. Weakness. Tears. Loneliness.

I struggle constantly with what to do about Tanner’s dad, Kirt. Every day I struggle because I do not currently know how to be without him. Deep down, I know he is not this mythical “ONE” that every one speaks of. Deep down I know that there is someone better out there for me. However, there are days (long days) when I question if the ONE exists for me. There is more to this struggle. There are patterns that need to be broken. Confidence needs to be found. Self-love needs to be unveiled. If any of you reading this has any suggestions, especially from first-hand experience, I would love to hear from you. *Regardless of Kirt's role in Tanner's life, I need to move beyond him and unmesh my emotions from his actions.