Skip to main content

Tanner's Vocabulary


A friend asked me the other day about Tanner's vocabulary. I guess I had not put much thought into it. Though, I have noticed it increasing daily.



Here is a list of Tman's extensive vocabulary to-date...though, likely to change by the time I pick him up from daycare later.


At his 18mo check up the doctor said he should have about 10 words now. My list counts many more than that. :-)




  1. Choo choo
  2. Thank you (though it sounds like shas-shoo)
  3. Please
  4. Milk (with a very hard “K”)
  5. Juice
  6. More
  7. Ball (sounds more like BAWL)
  8. Bike
  9. Outside
  10. Jacket
  11. Shoes
  12. Socks
  13. Off (typically said when pulling at his shoes)
  14. No (of course this one is in there!!)
  15. Da Da (a recent one and his eyes light up when he sees his Da Da...it makes my heart melt)
  16. Mama
  17. Boo boo
  18. Bubbles
  19. Stuck
  20. Uh oh
  21. Fish
  22. Yuck (with a very hard “K”...he has that sound down!)
  23. Apple
  24. Wow
I cannot forget this one...ELMO!!! He is infatuated with this furry red character.


Animal sounds... 
A duck is “duck duck” 
Sheep = baa 
Cow = Moo 
Dog = woof woof


And a couple of sentences too...
That's a ball.
I want boo boo.

Comments

  1. Him and John would have a great conversation. Sounds like they have alot in common!! John also loves the word Bath, and has Bubby and Memley for Cameron and Emily too. And John says "Fire" for his pacifier. I am sure there are a few I am missing, along with Eat, Up, and so forth...but all in all...they could sit and talk for hours. Wait...I couldn't forget Caillou...his favorite cartoon right now. And Punge Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! We watch a lot of Shaun the Sheep and Fraggle Rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck keeping up with all of his new words!! ...once they start.... :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Just Hair! Day 1

To kickoff the 30 Days and 30 New Ways , I decided to GO BIG or GO HOME! This challenge is designed to evoke inspiration and motivation. Try something new every chance you can. It can be as big as a new haircut or as small as changing up your coffee order. I am still hoarding ideas  and looking for any of you to join me on this journey. Remember, magic happens outside your comfort zone. Ok; enough waiting.  Courtney at Rolf's salon gave me this new do! Here are the inspiration photos that I showed to her and then I said, "go for it!" #30days30newways #ReAwaken

Change is the Only Constant

Three years in the making and WOW, what a great success. ReAwaken has brought women together, helped women regain their confidence and self-esteem and provided women with valuable resources and knowledge nuggets on many helpful topics.  Since day one, we have always said that " we believe in abundance and frown on competition ." We have also said that professional, educated women are not underprivileged but under-served.   Today, we are excited to share with you the new phase of our business growth that will allow us to operate with the financial strength of an existing nonprofit while staying true to our mission.  Fresh Start Women's Foundation  has expressed great interest in our programming and ReAwaken's president and founder, Jarrett Ransom has accepted a Development Director position at Fresh Start. This is a new and exciting collaboration; Jarrett is still working on finalizing how this will all unfold exactly.  And you will be the first to k...

Defeat. Weakness. Tears. Loneliness.

I struggle constantly with what to do about Tanner’s dad, Kirt. Every day I struggle because I do not currently know how to be without him. Deep down, I know he is not this mythical “ONE” that every one speaks of. Deep down I know that there is someone better out there for me. However, there are days (long days) when I question if the ONE exists for me. There is more to this struggle. There are patterns that need to be broken. Confidence needs to be found. Self-love needs to be unveiled. If any of you reading this has any suggestions, especially from first-hand experience, I would love to hear from you. *Regardless of Kirt's role in Tanner's life, I need to move beyond him and unmesh my emotions from his actions.