Tanner had his first dentist appointment yesterday. Problem is...we showed
up and it did not give me a good feeling so we left. I did an about face and walked right back out!!!
We live in Mesa and Mesa, much like other parts of the Metro Phoenix area, has good parts and bad parts. The more I drove and the closer I got to the physical address of the dentist office, the more I was uncomfortable. The neighborhoods kept getting less and less attractive. When I pulled into the parking lot, the cars were beat up and the entrance was less than inviting. However, I truly tried not to “judge a book by its cover.” Once inside the chaos continued. The patients waiting looked exactly like the ones I see on the “Don’t do meth” billboards around town. Yes, these people had scabs on their faces much like the chicken pox.
The chairs lined up in the lobby were placed much like the ones you see at the DMV. Which, made me believe the patients were treated liked numbers and dollar signs to them office. NOT a good sign. I actually did not even sign us in. Instead, I turned around and went back to the car. I called them to let them know Tanner was not able to make the appointment today and we needed to cancel.
So...I am not going to be in high research mode to find a ne pediatric dentist and NOT one that looks like they will give him a new shiny grill!
We live in Mesa and Mesa, much like other parts of the Metro Phoenix area, has good parts and bad parts. The more I drove and the closer I got to the physical address of the dentist office, the more I was uncomfortable. The neighborhoods kept getting less and less attractive. When I pulled into the parking lot, the cars were beat up and the entrance was less than inviting. However, I truly tried not to “judge a book by its cover.” Once inside the chaos continued. The patients waiting looked exactly like the ones I see on the “Don’t do meth” billboards around town. Yes, these people had scabs on their faces much like the chicken pox.
The chairs lined up in the lobby were placed much like the ones you see at the DMV. Which, made me believe the patients were treated liked numbers and dollar signs to them office. NOT a good sign. I actually did not even sign us in. Instead, I turned around and went back to the car. I called them to let them know Tanner was not able to make the appointment today and we needed to cancel.
So...I am not going to be in high research mode to find a ne pediatric dentist and NOT one that looks like they will give him a new shiny grill!

Comments
Post a Comment