Skip to main content

20 Years and Counting!


One of my closest and dearest friends came to visit me in Phoenix. Angel and I have known each other since I was 13 and she was 15. That was a LONG TIME AGO!

We had a wonderful visit; just the 3 of us...Angel, Tanner and me! Angel is a great wife, a wonderful mom, a genuine friend and a very spectacular photographer. Not often would you find her without her camera. She was taking photos of Tanner and me when we least expected it. She also took some photos of two of my other friends while she was here too.


She was a great sport! She got drug around to all parts of my life out West. Angel flew in on a Thursday so she could go to Garden Club with me that night; she knows how special that night and that group of women are to me. Since I started my new job (one that I haven’t even blogged about yet) the week she visited, I was forced to leave my BFF at home in her comfy pajamas and coffee cup in hand while I worked half days. My new employer was very generous to let me work half days and NOT full days while she was visiting.

In fact – here is a photo Angel took after picking Tanner up from daycare on Thursday.


Friday night we attended a going away party for a dear friend (Rosie, I sure hope Oregon is treating you nicely!!). The party was held at another Garden Clubbers house and there were many familiar faces coming and going all night. “This is so neat – I get to meet all the people who comment on your facebook page,” Angel says. Saturday was choked full of photography. We indulged and had breakfast at the Farm at South Mountain (I love this fru-fru place).


In the middle of the desert you find this country oasis with green grass, picnic tables, trees, chickens, flowers, gardens and great food! This is a hot-spot and gets busy quickly. Thankfully we beat the rush. After breakfast Angel took photos of my friends Liz, Laurie and Keion...than of Kirt, Tanner and me.

Here is photo of Keion. What a handsome fella!


Sunday was a lot of fun. My friend Kimmy is getting married and I was apart of her bridal shower. Dana's home, who hosted us was absolutely lovely. Tell me this cider toast doesn't belong next to those antlers!!!


Again, Angel jumped right in and helped set up, tie ribbons, stuff goody bags and so much more!
Before dropping Angel off at the airport I made her promise to come back and visit me before letting another 9 years pass! :-)


Thanks for a great visit and for being such a dear friend to me through all these years!

Comments

  1. Thanks Jarrett for all the kind words! I had a wonderful time with you and Tanner and enjoyed meeting your friends :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Just Hair! Day 1

To kickoff the 30 Days and 30 New Ways , I decided to GO BIG or GO HOME! This challenge is designed to evoke inspiration and motivation. Try something new every chance you can. It can be as big as a new haircut or as small as changing up your coffee order. I am still hoarding ideas  and looking for any of you to join me on this journey. Remember, magic happens outside your comfort zone. Ok; enough waiting.  Courtney at Rolf's salon gave me this new do! Here are the inspiration photos that I showed to her and then I said, "go for it!" #30days30newways #ReAwaken

Change is the Only Constant

Three years in the making and WOW, what a great success. ReAwaken has brought women together, helped women regain their confidence and self-esteem and provided women with valuable resources and knowledge nuggets on many helpful topics.  Since day one, we have always said that " we believe in abundance and frown on competition ." We have also said that professional, educated women are not underprivileged but under-served.   Today, we are excited to share with you the new phase of our business growth that will allow us to operate with the financial strength of an existing nonprofit while staying true to our mission.  Fresh Start Women's Foundation  has expressed great interest in our programming and ReAwaken's president and founder, Jarrett Ransom has accepted a Development Director position at Fresh Start. This is a new and exciting collaboration; Jarrett is still working on finalizing how this will all unfold exactly.  And you will be the first to k...

Defeat. Weakness. Tears. Loneliness.

I struggle constantly with what to do about Tanner’s dad, Kirt. Every day I struggle because I do not currently know how to be without him. Deep down, I know he is not this mythical “ONE” that every one speaks of. Deep down I know that there is someone better out there for me. However, there are days (long days) when I question if the ONE exists for me. There is more to this struggle. There are patterns that need to be broken. Confidence needs to be found. Self-love needs to be unveiled. If any of you reading this has any suggestions, especially from first-hand experience, I would love to hear from you. *Regardless of Kirt's role in Tanner's life, I need to move beyond him and unmesh my emotions from his actions.