Skip to main content

Keepin' On, Keepin' On

Times have been hard for me but I am keepin' on, keepin' on. Here are some things that I am grateful for...in no particular order!

1. Friends and Family -  providing Tanner and me with roofs over our heads, fish in our bellies (sorry, a poor reference to Finding Nemo) and warm beds. Oh...and sometimes the use of their cars!

2. Securing project/contract work from time to time. That has definitely helped me through some of the more difficult moments.

3. Facebook  - yes, SAD, I know...but it is true. Facebook has allowed me to stay connected with ALL my wonderful friends regardless of geographic location.

4. Cell phone - another sad truth, but thankfully modern technology also keeps me connected to the great big world.

5. Zumbathons - yes, a latest craze of mine. (Thanks, Jennifer L and Vanessa P for introducing me to this)

6. Lieutenant landlords - I was lucky in both Charleston and now Phoenix to find understanding landlords who agreed to rent to me.

YES...Tanner and I have moved into a 2 bed/2 bath condo of our own. I'm wearing my big girl pants again and paying rent. It is GREAT having our own space. Tanner loves his room, sleeps in his crib and has a very large courtyard out our front door to play in. (Thank you, HP, for providing us with this treasure of a community).

7. Yummy food - to entice friends over to our new condo.

8. Kirt - yes, I said Kirt. He has been more involved with Tanner and for that...I am GRATEFUL!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Just Hair! Day 1

To kickoff the 30 Days and 30 New Ways , I decided to GO BIG or GO HOME! This challenge is designed to evoke inspiration and motivation. Try something new every chance you can. It can be as big as a new haircut or as small as changing up your coffee order. I am still hoarding ideas  and looking for any of you to join me on this journey. Remember, magic happens outside your comfort zone. Ok; enough waiting.  Courtney at Rolf's salon gave me this new do! Here are the inspiration photos that I showed to her and then I said, "go for it!" #30days30newways #ReAwaken

Change is the Only Constant

Three years in the making and WOW, what a great success. ReAwaken has brought women together, helped women regain their confidence and self-esteem and provided women with valuable resources and knowledge nuggets on many helpful topics.  Since day one, we have always said that " we believe in abundance and frown on competition ." We have also said that professional, educated women are not underprivileged but under-served.   Today, we are excited to share with you the new phase of our business growth that will allow us to operate with the financial strength of an existing nonprofit while staying true to our mission.  Fresh Start Women's Foundation  has expressed great interest in our programming and ReAwaken's president and founder, Jarrett Ransom has accepted a Development Director position at Fresh Start. This is a new and exciting collaboration; Jarrett is still working on finalizing how this will all unfold exactly.  And you will be the first to k...

Defeat. Weakness. Tears. Loneliness.

I struggle constantly with what to do about Tanner’s dad, Kirt. Every day I struggle because I do not currently know how to be without him. Deep down, I know he is not this mythical “ONE” that every one speaks of. Deep down I know that there is someone better out there for me. However, there are days (long days) when I question if the ONE exists for me. There is more to this struggle. There are patterns that need to be broken. Confidence needs to be found. Self-love needs to be unveiled. If any of you reading this has any suggestions, especially from first-hand experience, I would love to hear from you. *Regardless of Kirt's role in Tanner's life, I need to move beyond him and unmesh my emotions from his actions.