Skip to main content

Where have I been?

You may have been wondering WDJG? (where did Jarrett go) LOL! Well, I have been here but have not been doing good. The SAHM (stay at home mom) job has been wearing on me. Some depression set in, a lot of uncertainity, self-pity and doubt. It has not been fun.

I broke down, came to Charleston, where I still have a rental through the end of this month. Tanner is back in daycare, temporarily and I am searching for employment. Keeping Tanner and searching for work did not go the way I had planned. Watching a little one is tiresome. He is into everything and I was unable to focus adequately to search, apply, etc.

Yes, daycare is costing me and money is tight, but I figured investing in this time right now will pay off when I am able to spread my resume around and hopefully become gainfully employed again soon!

We have had some fun times too, though...we celebrated Easter with Jeremy and his family in Athens, GA.

We went to a family reunion in the mountains of North Georgia, where Tanner was introduced to his extended family.

Just the other day, in fact, we visited the beach and for the first time Tman put his toes in the sand and felt the waves crash on his flintstone feet.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Just Hair! Day 1

To kickoff the 30 Days and 30 New Ways , I decided to GO BIG or GO HOME! This challenge is designed to evoke inspiration and motivation. Try something new every chance you can. It can be as big as a new haircut or as small as changing up your coffee order. I am still hoarding ideas  and looking for any of you to join me on this journey. Remember, magic happens outside your comfort zone. Ok; enough waiting.  Courtney at Rolf's salon gave me this new do! Here are the inspiration photos that I showed to her and then I said, "go for it!" #30days30newways #ReAwaken

Change is the Only Constant

Three years in the making and WOW, what a great success. ReAwaken has brought women together, helped women regain their confidence and self-esteem and provided women with valuable resources and knowledge nuggets on many helpful topics.  Since day one, we have always said that " we believe in abundance and frown on competition ." We have also said that professional, educated women are not underprivileged but under-served.   Today, we are excited to share with you the new phase of our business growth that will allow us to operate with the financial strength of an existing nonprofit while staying true to our mission.  Fresh Start Women's Foundation  has expressed great interest in our programming and ReAwaken's president and founder, Jarrett Ransom has accepted a Development Director position at Fresh Start. This is a new and exciting collaboration; Jarrett is still working on finalizing how this will all unfold exactly.  And you will be the first to k...

Defeat. Weakness. Tears. Loneliness.

I struggle constantly with what to do about Tanner’s dad, Kirt. Every day I struggle because I do not currently know how to be without him. Deep down, I know he is not this mythical “ONE” that every one speaks of. Deep down I know that there is someone better out there for me. However, there are days (long days) when I question if the ONE exists for me. There is more to this struggle. There are patterns that need to be broken. Confidence needs to be found. Self-love needs to be unveiled. If any of you reading this has any suggestions, especially from first-hand experience, I would love to hear from you. *Regardless of Kirt's role in Tanner's life, I need to move beyond him and unmesh my emotions from his actions.