Skip to main content

Phoenix - final answer.

The last 90 days have been hard for me...trying to decide on staying in SC or going back to AZ. My lease in my rental is up at the end of this month and I have decided...Phoenix; final answer.

Making this decision was not unlike making the decision a year ago to move here -  hard. But, I know deep down it is the right thing to do. It is right for me and it is right for Tanner. Temporarily, we will be living with my friend, Arlene in Tempe until I get settled in with work, etc.

I am looking for work and have sent my resume out to many places. I am also busy reconneting with some former mentors, etc to get the word out that I am moving back and looking for employment.

The plan is for Arlene, Tanner and I to drive across country at the end of May (yes, in a week and a half) and should take us 3-4 days (with frequent stops and overnight hotel stays). We will be pulling a small uhaul trailer full of items Tanner and I cannot live without and/or are irreplaceable.

Telling my parents was not easy. Telling my Dad, was in fact, the harder of the two. He has grown particularly fond of Tanner and has developed a very close emotional bond. I feel guilt for moving so far away and putting many miles of distance between their relationship, but staying here without a core group of friends, like the ones I have made in Phoenix, has made me very depressed.

Thanks to all of you for your continued support. There have been many conversations, phone calls, emails, etc that have helped me come to this decision. See you Phoenicians very soon!

Comments

  1. Hi Jarrett! I'm just catching up on your blog... for some reason I didn't have it in my reader. Anyway, I'm so sorry you've been struggling w/ such a tough decision. I thought it would be a no-brainer for you to move closer to your family, but I was lucky that when we did that, I was also moving closer to my best girlfriends in the world. It does make such a difference. I hope everything works out (it will!) for you and T-man. I will hopefully be in town this winter & can't wait to meet him & see you. Good luck w/ everything. HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Just Hair! Day 1

To kickoff the 30 Days and 30 New Ways , I decided to GO BIG or GO HOME! This challenge is designed to evoke inspiration and motivation. Try something new every chance you can. It can be as big as a new haircut or as small as changing up your coffee order. I am still hoarding ideas  and looking for any of you to join me on this journey. Remember, magic happens outside your comfort zone. Ok; enough waiting.  Courtney at Rolf's salon gave me this new do! Here are the inspiration photos that I showed to her and then I said, "go for it!" #30days30newways #ReAwaken

Change is the Only Constant

Three years in the making and WOW, what a great success. ReAwaken has brought women together, helped women regain their confidence and self-esteem and provided women with valuable resources and knowledge nuggets on many helpful topics.  Since day one, we have always said that " we believe in abundance and frown on competition ." We have also said that professional, educated women are not underprivileged but under-served.   Today, we are excited to share with you the new phase of our business growth that will allow us to operate with the financial strength of an existing nonprofit while staying true to our mission.  Fresh Start Women's Foundation  has expressed great interest in our programming and ReAwaken's president and founder, Jarrett Ransom has accepted a Development Director position at Fresh Start. This is a new and exciting collaboration; Jarrett is still working on finalizing how this will all unfold exactly.  And you will be the first to k...

Defeat. Weakness. Tears. Loneliness.

I struggle constantly with what to do about Tanner’s dad, Kirt. Every day I struggle because I do not currently know how to be without him. Deep down, I know he is not this mythical “ONE” that every one speaks of. Deep down I know that there is someone better out there for me. However, there are days (long days) when I question if the ONE exists for me. There is more to this struggle. There are patterns that need to be broken. Confidence needs to be found. Self-love needs to be unveiled. If any of you reading this has any suggestions, especially from first-hand experience, I would love to hear from you. *Regardless of Kirt's role in Tanner's life, I need to move beyond him and unmesh my emotions from his actions.