The last 90 days have been hard for me...trying to decide on staying in SC or going back to AZ. My lease in my rental is up at the end of this month and I have decided...Phoenix; final answer.
Making this decision was not unlike making the decision a year ago to move here - hard. But, I know deep down it is the right thing to do. It is right for me and it is right for Tanner. Temporarily, we will be living with my friend, Arlene in Tempe until I get settled in with work, etc.
I am looking for work and have sent my resume out to many places. I am also busy reconneting with some former mentors, etc to get the word out that I am moving back and looking for employment.
The plan is for Arlene, Tanner and I to drive across country at the end of May (yes, in a week and a half) and should take us 3-4 days (with frequent stops and overnight hotel stays). We will be pulling a small uhaul trailer full of items Tanner and I cannot live without and/or are irreplaceable.
Telling my parents was not easy. Telling my Dad, was in fact, the harder of the two. He has grown particularly fond of Tanner and has developed a very close emotional bond. I feel guilt for moving so far away and putting many miles of distance between their relationship, but staying here without a core group of friends, like the ones I have made in Phoenix, has made me very depressed.
Thanks to all of you for your continued support. There have been many conversations, phone calls, emails, etc that have helped me come to this decision. See you Phoenicians very soon!
Making this decision was not unlike making the decision a year ago to move here - hard. But, I know deep down it is the right thing to do. It is right for me and it is right for Tanner. Temporarily, we will be living with my friend, Arlene in Tempe until I get settled in with work, etc.
I am looking for work and have sent my resume out to many places. I am also busy reconneting with some former mentors, etc to get the word out that I am moving back and looking for employment.
The plan is for Arlene, Tanner and I to drive across country at the end of May (yes, in a week and a half) and should take us 3-4 days (with frequent stops and overnight hotel stays). We will be pulling a small uhaul trailer full of items Tanner and I cannot live without and/or are irreplaceable.
Telling my parents was not easy. Telling my Dad, was in fact, the harder of the two. He has grown particularly fond of Tanner and has developed a very close emotional bond. I feel guilt for moving so far away and putting many miles of distance between their relationship, but staying here without a core group of friends, like the ones I have made in Phoenix, has made me very depressed.
Thanks to all of you for your continued support. There have been many conversations, phone calls, emails, etc that have helped me come to this decision. See you Phoenicians very soon!
Hi Jarrett! I'm just catching up on your blog... for some reason I didn't have it in my reader. Anyway, I'm so sorry you've been struggling w/ such a tough decision. I thought it would be a no-brainer for you to move closer to your family, but I was lucky that when we did that, I was also moving closer to my best girlfriends in the world. It does make such a difference. I hope everything works out (it will!) for you and T-man. I will hopefully be in town this winter & can't wait to meet him & see you. Good luck w/ everything. HUGS
ReplyDelete