Skip to main content

My typical day…(when I was working)


My days come and go; although they are packed full, I often overlook something because of mere haste, sheer tiresome and well, anything else that goes into being a parent.

Wake up at 6 am, nurse Tanner, change diaper, change pajamas, turn on Baby Einstein, turn on swing, attempt to take a shower while T swings, blow dry hair, find decent work clothes, smell something funny, check T for dirty diaper, change blowout diaper, dismantle swing, wash swing, carry T at least 3 inches away from my body, lay towel down on changing table, change T, pry Cocoa the bunny out of T’s hands, wipe Cocoa the bunny off with wet wipes, attempt to breathe without barfing, find a new set of clean clothes for T, remove changing table pad, sanitize my hands and finally…retrace all steps from above with a Clorox wipe. Last but not least before I leave for work…find something new for me to wear because my previous outfit has poop on it. Once I accomplish that, I hurry and put T in the car to get him to daycare before it happens again. Now that he is at daycare, it is theirs to worry about.

Whew!  I’m off to Starbucks before work!

P.S. - I know this happens at daycare too. How, you ask? Good question! Well, I've been told..."your son is the only child that we have that can get poop on his head while standing on his feet."


Here is a picture of Tman on his first day of daycare, September 14, 2011. Look how little he was!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Just Hair! Day 1

To kickoff the 30 Days and 30 New Ways , I decided to GO BIG or GO HOME! This challenge is designed to evoke inspiration and motivation. Try something new every chance you can. It can be as big as a new haircut or as small as changing up your coffee order. I am still hoarding ideas  and looking for any of you to join me on this journey. Remember, magic happens outside your comfort zone. Ok; enough waiting.  Courtney at Rolf's salon gave me this new do! Here are the inspiration photos that I showed to her and then I said, "go for it!" #30days30newways #ReAwaken

Change is the Only Constant

Three years in the making and WOW, what a great success. ReAwaken has brought women together, helped women regain their confidence and self-esteem and provided women with valuable resources and knowledge nuggets on many helpful topics.  Since day one, we have always said that " we believe in abundance and frown on competition ." We have also said that professional, educated women are not underprivileged but under-served.   Today, we are excited to share with you the new phase of our business growth that will allow us to operate with the financial strength of an existing nonprofit while staying true to our mission.  Fresh Start Women's Foundation  has expressed great interest in our programming and ReAwaken's president and founder, Jarrett Ransom has accepted a Development Director position at Fresh Start. This is a new and exciting collaboration; Jarrett is still working on finalizing how this will all unfold exactly.  And you will be the first to k...

Defeat. Weakness. Tears. Loneliness.

I struggle constantly with what to do about Tanner’s dad, Kirt. Every day I struggle because I do not currently know how to be without him. Deep down, I know he is not this mythical “ONE” that every one speaks of. Deep down I know that there is someone better out there for me. However, there are days (long days) when I question if the ONE exists for me. There is more to this struggle. There are patterns that need to be broken. Confidence needs to be found. Self-love needs to be unveiled. If any of you reading this has any suggestions, especially from first-hand experience, I would love to hear from you. *Regardless of Kirt's role in Tanner's life, I need to move beyond him and unmesh my emotions from his actions.