Skip to main content

Gym Rat

I joined a gym – Gold’s Gold in Columbia. It has a kid’s care center that allows me to take Tanner there for a maximum of two hours every day – except Sunday’s. The kid’s center is closed on Sunday.
Since I am not working, I needed something positive to occupy my mind and body. I figured working out and getting some exercise would be a good thing. It also couldn’t hurt for Tanner to have some socialization with other children since he is no longer in daycare.
It has been three days now that I have worked out in a row. Nothing much, just cardio. Today, I did add some weights in a light arm workout. The gym has a women’s area that is connected to the locker room. This way, I can work out in a semi-private area and not feel uncomfortable with other people seeing me.
Tanner has only been to the kid’s center once but he seemed to like it. The workers said it did a great job and was very happy the entire two hours. This is great for me and will allow me some time alone – and help me stay a little healthier.
Now, if I can only lay off the sugar, candy and coffee that I crave. Today, I came home from the gym and ate four peanut butter eggs. Since they are a seasonal candy I figured I better eat them while I can! J

Comments

  1. I LOVE Gold's Gym!!!! You are going to love it too. Get yourself hooked on it and you will feel amazing :) I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Just Hair! Day 1

To kickoff the 30 Days and 30 New Ways , I decided to GO BIG or GO HOME! This challenge is designed to evoke inspiration and motivation. Try something new every chance you can. It can be as big as a new haircut or as small as changing up your coffee order. I am still hoarding ideas  and looking for any of you to join me on this journey. Remember, magic happens outside your comfort zone. Ok; enough waiting.  Courtney at Rolf's salon gave me this new do! Here are the inspiration photos that I showed to her and then I said, "go for it!" #30days30newways #ReAwaken

Change is the Only Constant

Three years in the making and WOW, what a great success. ReAwaken has brought women together, helped women regain their confidence and self-esteem and provided women with valuable resources and knowledge nuggets on many helpful topics.  Since day one, we have always said that " we believe in abundance and frown on competition ." We have also said that professional, educated women are not underprivileged but under-served.   Today, we are excited to share with you the new phase of our business growth that will allow us to operate with the financial strength of an existing nonprofit while staying true to our mission.  Fresh Start Women's Foundation  has expressed great interest in our programming and ReAwaken's president and founder, Jarrett Ransom has accepted a Development Director position at Fresh Start. This is a new and exciting collaboration; Jarrett is still working on finalizing how this will all unfold exactly.  And you will be the first to k...

Defeat. Weakness. Tears. Loneliness.

I struggle constantly with what to do about Tanner’s dad, Kirt. Every day I struggle because I do not currently know how to be without him. Deep down, I know he is not this mythical “ONE” that every one speaks of. Deep down I know that there is someone better out there for me. However, there are days (long days) when I question if the ONE exists for me. There is more to this struggle. There are patterns that need to be broken. Confidence needs to be found. Self-love needs to be unveiled. If any of you reading this has any suggestions, especially from first-hand experience, I would love to hear from you. *Regardless of Kirt's role in Tanner's life, I need to move beyond him and unmesh my emotions from his actions.