Skip to main content

Date - and not the kind you eat!

Did I ever share that I went on a date? It’s true – I did! It has been quite a while now, but I guess I am ready to share it openly. His name is Dave and we met through a single parent online dating website. He has a 5 year old (adorable) little girl. We went to eat at 82 Queen in Charleston and had a great conversation – a lot of laughter.
We have not seen each other since the first date but we have kept in touch via the usuals (email, FB and text). He is a great guy but moreover, it was good for me to be able to allow myself to open up to the possibility of dating.
Ok – it is out there. I am open to dating and the possibility of finding someone that loves and accepts Tanner and me as a package deal!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Just Hair! Day 1

To kickoff the 30 Days and 30 New Ways , I decided to GO BIG or GO HOME! This challenge is designed to evoke inspiration and motivation. Try something new every chance you can. It can be as big as a new haircut or as small as changing up your coffee order. I am still hoarding ideas  and looking for any of you to join me on this journey. Remember, magic happens outside your comfort zone. Ok; enough waiting.  Courtney at Rolf's salon gave me this new do! Here are the inspiration photos that I showed to her and then I said, "go for it!" #30days30newways #ReAwaken

Change is the Only Constant

Three years in the making and WOW, what a great success. ReAwaken has brought women together, helped women regain their confidence and self-esteem and provided women with valuable resources and knowledge nuggets on many helpful topics.  Since day one, we have always said that " we believe in abundance and frown on competition ." We have also said that professional, educated women are not underprivileged but under-served.   Today, we are excited to share with you the new phase of our business growth that will allow us to operate with the financial strength of an existing nonprofit while staying true to our mission.  Fresh Start Women's Foundation  has expressed great interest in our programming and ReAwaken's president and founder, Jarrett Ransom has accepted a Development Director position at Fresh Start. This is a new and exciting collaboration; Jarrett is still working on finalizing how this will all unfold exactly.  And you will be the first to k...

Defeat. Weakness. Tears. Loneliness.

I struggle constantly with what to do about Tanner’s dad, Kirt. Every day I struggle because I do not currently know how to be without him. Deep down, I know he is not this mythical “ONE” that every one speaks of. Deep down I know that there is someone better out there for me. However, there are days (long days) when I question if the ONE exists for me. There is more to this struggle. There are patterns that need to be broken. Confidence needs to be found. Self-love needs to be unveiled. If any of you reading this has any suggestions, especially from first-hand experience, I would love to hear from you. *Regardless of Kirt's role in Tanner's life, I need to move beyond him and unmesh my emotions from his actions.